REVIT SERVICES have only one goal: bring home a profitable project with a predictable cash flow. That’s why they adopt the wonderful 5D BIM tool to give the best service to its clients of all over the world.
1. REVIT SERVICES’ help organize the project schedule and budget during preconstruction. So the more scientific information they can capture from a 3D BIM model, the more accurate their schedules and budgets will be. And the smart REVIT SERVICES know that the model-based schedule and model-based budgets don’t get thrown away as recon moves to the field. An integrated 5D BIM model immediately updates both the schedule and budget when any design change occurs.
2. Speaking of design changes, the REVIT SERVICES needs to work well with the Design Team to help keep the project on track. The Model Progressions Specification keeps everyone organized and providing information at the correct level of detail. And by using the integrated 5D BIM model to visualize and explore the impact of changes, s/he can keep project scope in check and become a trustworthy liaison between the designers and Owner.
3. The REVIT SERVICES is also responsible for hiring the Subs on the job. So having a handle on clash detection and coordination plays a key role in keeping Subs’ work predictable. And utilizing a flow-line schedule based on locations, quantities, and crew productivity rates helps ensure the Subs there won’t be stops and starts. This all adds up to getting the best pricing from Subs: you know the quantities; you know the schedule, so you can double-check the Subs’ bids and negotiate.
4. RFIs and Change Orders can bring a project to a halt. By starting the coordination process much earlier utilizing Coordination Resolution in preconstruction, these numbers can be brought to near zero. This means more off-site prefabrication and streamlined installation on-site. This means no surprises for the Owner. This means a predictable cash flow.
5. Lean construction techniques like flow-line scheduling give REVIT SERVICES’s a project dashboard instead of a rear view mirror. By continually monitoring Subs’ performance (actual productivity rates on-site), the REVIT SERVICES and Super can automatically get a two week look-ahead schedule that give alarms when a crew late start or delay is likely. By applying location management techniques to the problem, these schedule interference points can be averted and the schedule kept on track. And when the schedule is on track, the budget is on track.
6. The GC’s reputation is confirmed by word of mouth referrals and repeat business. And it’s the REVIT SERVICES’s responsibility to optimize the Owner’s experience and satisfaction. There is no greater influence on satisfaction than a project delivered on time and on budget. In addition, the Owner received a big injection of confidence in the GC when the REVIT SERVICES showed him/her how design decisions impacted cost and schedule.
7. Project closeout, including operations and maintenance, offers another opportunity for BIM to help the REVIT SERVICES exceed Owner expectations. New reporting capabilities and light-weight model presentation modes allow the REVIT SERVICES to present a 6D BIM – a facilities resource with information on warranties, specifications, maintenance schedules, and other valuable information. (Even more “I” in BIM.)
8. Let’s be honest. Profit margin is incredibly important in this economy. Balancing the need for the best bid with the margins required is very hard to do. But BIM works in both a hard bid and a GMP setting. And by thoroughly understanding the project in 5D, the REVIT SERVICES has more tools at his disposal to keep tight reins, and more reports to monitor progress: cash flow reports, work in place reports, look ahead schedules, and even earned value analyses.
9. Who wouldn’t want to be on the A Team? Who wouldn’t want to run the most exciting projects? Progressive Owners are mandating BIM on their projects: museums, hospitals, stadiums, and skyscrapers. Becoming the BIM expert, in both preconstruction and out in the field, makes the REVIT SERVICES invaluable and a key player.
10. To the victor comes the spoils. The project’s success with 5D BIM means the opportunity to grow the firm’s reputation and helps the corporate team win new business.